Available... to Take Your Calls

As websites flew over the airwaves last week, I called into the show and had a little chat with Call Screener Jeff.

Jeff: Why don't you ever talk about me on the blog?
Andrea: Wait. Do you really want to be mentioned?

He was right. I don't ever mention him on the blog. I thought fast. What do I know about Call Screener Jeff that I could ask him about over the phone for my regular gossip and scoops section of this blog? The truth is that all I know about our Call Screener has come from what Andy mumbles during the foreplay of each show. Usually, Jeff is just called a loser until Ken reminds Andy that Jeff is probably listening to the show. I said...

Andrea: So, you're engaged, right?

I was wrong. The one thing I thought I knew about this man behind 201.209.9368 was completely wrong, and I feel just awful about it. I hope this little anecdote can be a lesson to us all that that your friendly Call Screener is more than just a voice between you and your on-air celebrity. He is a real person who wants to be mentioned in your blog posts.

If you could ask Call Screener Jeff anything, what would it be?

9 comments:

John Fink said...

How'd he get into doing the call screening? What's his story?

jwgh said...

He got into call screening through this episode:

January 19, 2005: Auditioning A New Call Screener

http://wfmu.org/listen.ram?show=13935

Betty said...

What does he like to do for fun?

Bryan said...

If he was stuck on a desert island and could have one person screen his calls, who would he want that call screener to be? And who would he want to call? And who would the call screener have dinner with?

SueBDynamo said...

is he truly so faultless that andy has resorted to making up a fake fiancé for him?

Has he nothing else wrong with him?

Anonymous said...

I would ask him if he knows if Andrea is single and how to go about contacting her.

Robin said...

Boxers or briefs?

Anonymous said...

How do you stand it?

Anonymous said...

I would ask him if, like Carlo, he too was bitchslapped by lightning.