A Log On The Fire

Guess what book this is from. Thanks to Joe, who came through like a star in the previous post's comment thread.

So I moved along to Andy, a guy who created and wrote a popular TV show.

"How do you know hes not lying?" my sister Wendy asked.
"Because if he was lying he'd say he wrote for Seinfeld," I patiently explained.
Andy seemed like a distinct possibility. He was funny. He was warm. And he had a screening room in his basement

"He sounds like he may be the Guy," said Charlie over Tuesdays night takeout Mexican. "Maybe you two could get married and we could, you know, take turns using the screening room."

"You're kidding me, right?"

He turned me toward him, suddenly serious. "I love you, Isabel. You're the best thing thats ever happened to me. Ever. I only want whats best for you and the kids, and if you think the Cable Guy is it, then we can stop seeing each other and you can give it a shot."

But visions of Charlie in the screening room wouldn't go away, and after a few dates I asked Andy if we could take a hiatus for a couple of weeks as I had another "log" on the fire. When Charlie proved to be a disappointment...again, I found that Andy and his screening room had moved on.


I guess that's a little underwhelming.