"The Mormons don't fool around when it comes to IQ."
World Peace (recycled on todays' show - 11 years later) and Bob Brainen's wife.
Will to Live-o-meter
Andy makes it to the end, even asking "What do we do with the three minutes we have left over?"
Andy keeps score (incorrectly).
Other Show Concepts Discussed
"Hank vs Mary IQ Face-Off"
"Summer Blockbuster Spoilers"
"The Do Not Use The Letter E Call-in Show"
After some musings, I picked the last archived show on the Seven Second Delay Archives page to summarize here. I reasoned that if that guy Jacob could transcribe 100 jokes for an old post, then I could transcribe 30 trivia questions for this one, right? Wrong. I paraphrased most of them, but as you can hear for yourself, questions like #21 are not for the xenophobic.
So, take the test on the honor code, check yourself using the answers on the show and leave your score in the comments below. The highest score will arouse suspicions.
Here are the questions:
1. (7'13") Which one of the five is least like the other four: Bear, Snake, Cow, Dog, Tiger?
2. (7'33") If you rearrange the letters in Barbit you would have the name of a(n): Ocean, Country, State, City, Animal?
3. (7'53") Which one of the five is the least like the other four: Potato, Corn, Apple, Carrot, Bean?
4. (8'14") John, 12 years old, is 3 times as old as his brother. How old would John be when he is twice as old as his brother? 14, 16, 18, 20, 21?
5. (9'45") Brother is to sister, as niece is to: Mother, Daughter, Aunt, Uncle, Nephew?
6. (12'43") Which one of the 5 is least like the others: A, Z, F, N, E?
7. (13'05") Milk is to glass, as letter is to: Stamp, Pen, Envelope, Book, Mail?
8. (13'28") Live is to evil, as 5232 is to: 2523, 3252, 2325, 3225, 5223?
9. (13'54") If some smogs are thors, and some thors are things, then some smogs are definitely things: True, False, Neither?
10. (17'52") Tree is to ground, as chimney is to: Smoke, Brick, Sky, Garage, House?
11. (17'52") Which one of the five is least like the other four: Touch, Taste, Hear, Smile, Chimpanzee's Bright Red Butt, See?
12. (18'38") If Jack is taller than Peter, and Bill is shorter than Jack, then: Bill is taller than Peter, Bill is shorter than Peter, Bill is as tall as Peter, It is impossible to tell.
13. (19'50") Which one of the five is least like the other four: Stocking, Dress, Shoe, Purse, Hat?
14. (24'12") Bullet is to gun, as ball is to: Bat, Slingshot, Cannon, Pitcher, Catapult?
15. (24'50") Some Bifers are Bofers, and all Gloins are Bofers, then some Bofers are definitely Gloins: True, False, or Neither?
16. (25'47") Which one of the five is least like the other four: A1, E6, D4, B2, C3?
17. (28'43") A price was cut by 20%, what percentage would the price have to go up to be full price again: 15%, 20%, 25%, 30%, 40%?
18. (29'24") Which one of the five is least like the other four: Copper, Iron, Brass, Tin, Lead?
19. (29'45") Mary baked some cookies. She ate one and gave half to her sister. She ate another one and gave half to her brother. There are five left. How many cookies did Mary bake: 11, 22, 23, 45, 46?
20. (33'24") Which one of the five is least like the other four: Wheat, Hay, Barley, Oats, Rice?
21. (35'03") There's a spaceship. They get three messages: Elarose Aldarian Ellendill which means DANGER ROCKET EXPLOSION, Endane Milyator Elarose which means DANGER SPACESHIP FIRE Aldarian Gimmelzor Gondor which means BAD GAS EXPLOSION. What does Ellendill mean: Danger, Explosion, Nothing, Rocket, Gas?
22. (37'45") John has six coins that equal 41 cents. Three coins are identical. They must be: Pennies, Nickels, Dimes, Quarters, Half Dollars?
23. (39'25") If you rearrange the letters in Mangery you would have the name of a(n): Ocean, Country, State, City, Animal?
24. (39'57") If all Wuars are Twerps. No Twerps are Gollums. Then, no Gollums are definitely Wuars: True, False, Neither?
25. (41'27") Which one of the five is least like the other four: Horse, Kangaroo, Deer, Zebra, Donkey?
26. (42'01") Some kid has to go to the store and get nine cans of peaches. He can only carry two cans at a time. How many trips does he have to make: 4, 4 1/2, 5, 5 1/2, 6?
27. (42'47") Some other kid gets 13th highest and 13th lowest score in the spelling bee. How many kids were in the bee: 13, 25, 26, 27, 28?
28. (42'59") Water is to ice, as milk is to: Honey, Cheese, Cereal, Coffee, Cookie?
29. (43'15") Which one of the five is least like the other four: Ham, Liver, Salmon, Pork, Beef?
30. (43'37") Which one of the five is least like the other four: Inch, Mile, Acre, Yard, Foot?
31. (45'37") A fish has a 9" head. Its tail is the length of its head plus half teh length of teh body. The body is the length of the head plus the tail. How long is the fish: 27, 54, 63, 72, 81?